Dr. Mariana Bozesan, MS
Dr. Mariana Bozesan is an Integral Investor, serial entrepreneur, and philanthropist. She has earned an outstanding track record as an Integral Investor by de-risking early stage investments in high-tech and clean-tech using the Theta Model based on integral theory by Ken Wilber. Mariana has been appointed as a full international member in the Club of Rome, is a National Advisory Board Member for the G8/G20 Social Impact Investment Task Force, and a strategic advisor on integral finance and sustainability to various funds, governmental organizations, social businesses, and NGOs. Moreover, she is a prominent keynote speaker and an inspiring lecturer on the future of investing, business, finance, and economics at prestigious organizations including Stanford University, Oxford University, INSEAD, TEDx, and RIO+20.
During her 20+ years of investment and serial entrepreneurship activities, she became the co-founder of two technology start-ups, one health-care portal and two investment companies across two continents. Moreover, she has 30+ years of high-tech executive experience (Oracle and DEC now Hewlett-Packard) based in Silicon Valley, Paris, France and Munich, Germany. She has been a Venture Capitalist turned Integral Investor since 1995 and was one of the initial investors in CyberNet AG, the first publicly traded Internet company in Germany. To her more recent investments belong Entelios AG, the first German Demand Response aggregator recently sold to EnerNOC, and Penumbra, an Acute Ischemic Stroke (AIS) market leader. Mariana was also an early member of The Angels’ Forum in Palo Alto and the Munich Business Angel Network in Munich.
She is an advisor to several governmental organizations including German and Dutch ministries, the All China Women’s Federation, and the US State Department. She was a speaker at and contributor to Rio+20, an advisor to UN ECE, the United Nations Principles of Responsible Investments (UN PRI), and the IIRC. The former Board of Director member of the International Museum of Women in San Francisco, has also been a Philanthropist since 1974 and is supporting more than 38 organizations worldwide. As an Impact Investor and a Venture Philanthropist, Mariana is Advisory Board Member to Ethical Markets, Abury, CxCatalyst, the Sustainability Labs, MetaIntegral, The Halo Impact Fund in Palo Alto, the German Environmental Foundation (Deutsche Umweltstiftung), the Spiritual Alliance to Stop Intimate Violence (SAIV), and the International Foundation for Science and Technology (iFEST).
Through her leading-edge experience in Integral Investing, Dr. Bozesan has become an international authority on integral processes and metrics in early stage investing. She published numerous research papers on Integral Investing and authored three books including The Making of a Consciousness Leader in Business and Diet for a New Life book series. Educated at Stanford University and KIT (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology), Dr. Bozesan has a Masters of Science degree (Diplom-Informatikerin) in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Computer Science from KIT, and a Ph.D. in Psychology from Sofia University (former ITP), in Palo Alto, California.
Markus Bodenmeier, MBA
Co-founder, Member of the Management Board
Markus Bodenmeier has been an entrepreneur, investor and venture philanthropist for more than 20 years. Descending from a family of entrepreneurs, Mr. Bodenmeier, started his first building and process automation company while still at university. Within a short time, his company became a global outsourcing partner for large customers such as Infineon, Osram, Siemens, BMW, BHS Corrugated, and Otelo.
In the mid 1990s, Mr. Bodenmeier established the private client banking division for the Reuschelbank, a German private bank. By the year 2000 he became assistant to the CEO of O2 where he was eventually responsible for the merger to BT and the de-merger of BT Mobile, leading subsequently to the IPO. Together with Oracle and PriceWaterhouse Coopers Mr. Bodenmeier founded EvoSource AG, the first European procurement and supply chain software platform with full process integration. EvoSource was eventually sold to Oracle and a Swiss consulting company.
Markus Bodenmeier focuses on business process outsourcing for industrial companies. One of his significant financial successes was the reverse IPO of HPI AG, a leading European industrial service provider in procurement and logistics. Currently, Mr. Bodenmeier’s holding PSBG is actively invested in several high-tech startups and Eprolog AG, a consulting and procurement company. Mr. Bodenmeier has invested as a Venture Philanthropist in projects such as Treems, a nature conservation, and Voycer, a social community platform.
Mr. Bodenmeier graduated with a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering from the Technical University Munich and with a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) degree with specialization in Economics from the University Hagen. He was member of a fellowship program of the Bavarian Eliteakademie (Bayerische Eliteakademie).
Thomas Schulz, MBA, MS
Co-founder, Member of the Management Board
Tom Schulz has been an investor for more than 20 years and a serial entrepreneur for more than 40 years. His professional interests are focused on Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Integral Investing in CleanTech and Internet/ Software.
Mr. Schulz was co-founder and COO of Entelios AG, Germany’s first nationwide Demand Response Aggregator. Based in Munich and Berlin, Entelios has built a platform for managing thousands of commercial and industrial energy customers in order to provide reserve power, peak-shaving, and enterprise-class Energy Intelligence Software. This way, participants can earn green profits for their flexibility and grid operators can integrate more renewable energy sources. In February 2014, Entelios was sold to and became a 100 percent subsidiary of the worldwide market leader, the US American EnerNOC Inc.
Mr. Schulz is also a co-founder of the San Francisco–based CleanTech Circle, a group of serial entrepreneurs and investors with a passion for CleanTech.
In 1995, Mr. Schulz co-founded the first publicly traded, nationwide Internet service provider in Germany, Cybernet AG, where he served on the executive management board. After going public with Cybernet, he became an angel investor with the Munich Business Angel Network. Later he was an active investor with The Angels’ Forum, an investor group in Palo Alto that also manages the Halo Funds.
Prior to becoming an investor, he gathered more than twenty years of technical expertise and business experience. He worked at the Western Research Lab of Digital Equipment Corporation in Palo Alto on computer languages and on artificial intelligence and multimedia projects at Apple Computer in Germany. Later, he became a strategy consultant with The Boston Consulting Group at their Munich and San Francisco offices.
Mr. Schulz earned a Master in Business Administration (MBA) degree from Stanford University and studied Computer Science at the ETH Zurich and Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT, formerly University of Karlsruhe), where he received a Masters of Science degree in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (Diplom-Informatiker). He founded the San Francisco Bay Area regional chapter of the KIT Alumni Association.
Dr. Martin Z. Wilderer
Board Advisor on China
Dr. Wilderer is a distinguished leader in the environmental engineering and e-mobility industries. He spent more than 10 years leading subsidiaries of German industrial corporations in China. He earned a Master in Business Administration and Mechanical Engineering degree and a Ph.D. in Environmental Economics from the University of Kaiserslautern.
Prizes and Honors:
- Top Outstanding Young Person of Changzhou 2012(常州市十大杰出青年)
Monika Lamberth, Dipl.-Ing.
Member of the Supervisory Board
- 15+ years of entrepreneurship experience as founder and supervisory board member (Conject AG)
- Expertise in the SaaS software industry serving large-scale construction projects
- Successful exit in 2016 via trade sale
- Strategy consulting expertise (Oliver Wyman)
- Educated at HS Karlsruhe: Dipl.-Ing in Business Administration and Engineering; IMEA Besancon/ France: International Management
Boris Dürr, Rechtsanwalt
Chairman of the Supervisory Board
Vita and Experience:
- Partner, Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek (since 2010)
- RP Richter & Partner (2006-2010)
- Preu Bohlig & Partner (2004-2006)
- Shearman & Sterling (2001-2004)
- Admission to the Bar, 2001
- University of Freiburg (1993-1999)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Gesellschaftsrechtliche Vereinigung e.V. (VGR)
- MMA Münchener M&A Forum e.V.
- Fachausschuss Handels- und Gesellschaftsrecht der Rechtsanwaltskammer München
Jens Pause, MS, MBA
- 15 years active as founder and director for innovative service and internet companies.
- 20 years leadership experience in marketing and procurement. Thereof 10 years in a global industrial company with international business experience.
- Own investment company since 2001, 100% self-financed.
- Holding several board positions.
- Graduated as a degreed engineer and with a degree in economical engineering at the Technische Universität of Munich.
Markus Hasinger, MS
- 20 years professional experience in industry, both in large corporations (8 years) and SMEs/start-ups (12 years), of which 6 years entrepreneurial experience; 5+ years in entrepreneurship, technology & innovation management.
- Expert in organizational development, commercial management, funding and international business development.
- Track record in university-industry-cooperation.
- Holding several board positions.
- Studied Business Economics at LMU Munich and holds a Master Degree in marketing communications from BAW Munich.
Dr. Fabian Seul, MBA
- 15 years of professional experience in the financial sector of which 10 years entrepreneurial experience; 5 years in investment banking and corporates
- Expertise in financial transactions (+30 deals) covering the risk and Cleantech sector (+1 GW transaction volume)
- International professional experience in New York, London, Chicago, Munich
- Educated at RWTH Aachen (PhD), University of Bayreuth (MBA) and EDHEC Nice